Is PulseAudio dead?

Carl G. carl.gaudreault at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 20:01:02 UTC 2010

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:20:40 -0400
> "Carl G."
<carl.gaudreault at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Well, i'm happy to be a bug
triager so
>> you can get "real work" done. /s
>>
>> Let me know if you
need some help to
>> make the stats looks pretty.
>
> Thanks Carl.

Perhaps we could organize a bug zapping day for the pulseaudio bugs?

Try and find duplicates and mark them, as well as triage.

> This might
be better to organize on the test list.

> That way we could hopefully
get things down to a more manageable list
> for Lennert to try and fix
up.

> BTW, but I also find the tone earlier in the thread unproductive
and
> reflecting poorly on our community. I think in the open source
world,
> the carrot (how can we help, how can we improve things) is
VASTLY
> better than the stick (you suck, this was forced on us, I hate
this
> idea, etc).
>
> kevin

Sure, i'm willing to _try_ to help if we
can get Lennart to participate and/or pulseaudio experts to assist
us.

Pulseaudio is currently marked as "Only for PA experts" here
:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

I'll
have to get a reasonable level of knowledge concerning Pulseaudio
though.

Carl