Is PulseAudio dead?

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 08:30:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 23:37 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:01:02 -0400, Carl wrote:
>
> > Perhaps we could organize a bug zapping day for the pulseaudio bugs?
>
> > Sure, i'm willing to _try_ to help if we
> > can get Lennart to participate and/or pulseaudio experts to assist
> > us.
> >
> > Pulseaudio is currently marked as "Only for PA experts" here
> > :
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers
> >
> > I'll
> > have to get a reasonable level of knowledge concerning Pulseaudio
> > though.
>
> There are lots of packages that have dozens of tickets open, e.g.
>
> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/gnome-media
> 47 bugs found
>
> gnome-volume-control-applet refuses to work here in F-14 Branched. Can't
> click the volume slider, as it closes immediately and increases volume
> to 100%. Icon is missing/broken. And ABRT is working on slowly downloading
> tons of debuginfos for a crash.

Feel free to triage them and point me to the important ones.

The slider not working anymore is most likely an XI2 regression in GTK3
(which I can reproduce), the missing icons is a missing dep on
gnome-icon-theme-symbolic that should be lower down the stack and the
crashers I haven't looked into (though I would endeavour they are kernel
regressions crashing PA).