The maintainership of webkitgtk

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 11:06:30 UTC 2010

09:24 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've been
wondering what's up with webkitgtk maintainership. It's
> > > pretty
important gnome desktop component but it looks rather
> > > neglected. Last
update on stable branches of fedora was done by rahul
> > > who even isn't
in the commit acl's on webkitgtk and since then there
> > > where three
upstream bugfix (no API/ABI changes) releases, last of
> > > which even
contains a bunch of CVE fixes. I've filed a bug asking for
> > > update
about 2 weeks ago [1][2] with no response. I'd be willing to
> > > help
co-maintaining it, if there's shortcoming of time on the current

maintainers' side.

> > To be fair, you sent this mail at the week-end,
straight after the CVS
> > was unaccessible due to the git migration.

Sorry about that, that was not intentional... My mistake.

> > If there
were CVEs, why wasn't the security team involved?

> Don't know. I'm not
sure the fixed CVE's are even know to the security
> team, but they're CVEs
that were fixed by debian security team and
> upstreamed (is there any kind
of cooperation with other distros security
> teams?).

There's
webkit-security mailing list, I'm the member (+security response team people
are members too). There was one problem - at first, they wasn't aware
there's gtk webkit too ;-) And I wonder who's really responsible on this
side - so that's why I'd like to have WebKit team taking care about all
WebKits (and KHTML too) - as there's lot in common.

Jaroslav

> I've
added the Security keyword to the bugs referenced in my
> previous email.
Not sure if that is enough?

> > Most of the people that look after the
desktop packages were either at
> > GUADEC with limited internet
connectivity, or on holidays.

> Well, the problem is more long standing.
To me webkitgtk looks
> absolutely neglected on stable fedora releases (yes,
I'm receiving the
> bugzilla reports for webkitgtk and see no updates on
them, as well as no
> commits in cvs/git other then devel/f14). Long term.
>

> > Feel free to nag on on #fedora-desktop on GIMPNet.
>
> Thanks for the
suggestion.

--
Jaroslav Řezník