Removing branch for package without ACL permission

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 11:27:59 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a commit access but ACL to SDL package. I have created new branch
on the server accidentally. I'd like to remove it, however I'm denied to
do it:

$ git push origin :origin/f13
remote: + refs/heads/origin/f13 SDL ppisar DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/origin/f13
To ssh://ppisar@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/SDL
 ! [remote rejected] origin/f13 (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://ppisar@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/SDL'

I guess a person with ACL permission (e.g. SDL owner) is able to do so.

Is it intentional feature or just a not yet resolved issue?

-- Petr