Fedora 14 Alpha RC Compose is At Risk

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 19:18:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 19:17 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le lundi 02 août 2010 à 16:05 -0700, John Poelstra a écrit :
> > Tomorrow is the Alpha Deadline
> >
> > Chances of composing the release candidate for the Fedora 14 Alpha on
> > Thursday are not looking good, but a little time remains.  Release
> > Engineering cannot spin a Fedora 14 Release Candidate until this Fedora
> > 14 Alpha Blocker is clear.
>
> Are we really going to push an alpha with no working flash support?
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1897

We certainly would, if that were the only bug. 'Flash must work' isn't
in the Alpha release criteria. Or Beta, or Final, for that matter; we'd
release final with Gnash broken if that were the only bug.

Anyway, how many people really use Gnash for day-to-day use? Any time
I've tried it out I've found it useless for the majority of sites, I
either run without Flash or use Adobe, myself.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey