dist-git tag question

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Aug 4 00:56:10 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, August 03, 2010 06:12:50 pm Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3,
2010 at 7:04 PM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

Apologies if this was asked for and answered in another thread, I lost

overview. Ralf and Kevin made me realise something that I have

misinterpreted initially in regards to how packages are tagged now.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_Fedora_GIT claims that tagging is

not necessary and that the commitid is now submitted to koji. fair

enough, but the confusing thing here is:
> > "When successful on Koji, the
build will trigger the package to be tagged
> > with the corresponding tag
(e.g., dist-f15 for Rawhide [...]"

> > does this mean the dist-f15 tag
is forcibly updated each time a build is
> > successful? If so, where is
this tag hiding? I can't seem to get it into
> > my repo even though it is
listed as a koji tag in the emails. Or are we
> > not talking about git tags
here anyway?
thats koji tags not git tags the build gets build and tagged in
koji

> Not sure about this part.
>
> > The other question and that may
just be a feature request:
> > the CVS tags are still visible in my repo,
e.g.
> > mtdev-1_0_1-1_20100706_fc14. these tags are useful, because in a
few
> > weeks time I won't be able to remember the commit ID of a specific
>
> version (I know I can get it from the logs, but it's annoying).

If a build succeeds and is to be released as a package, can koji apply

the tag again to the git repo? It would allow for simple things like git

diff foo-1.1-2.fc12..foo-1.1-3.fc13.

> The plan, as I understand it, is
for koji to apply the git tags after
> a successful build, but its not yet
been implemented. For the time
> being, I plan to simply add annotated tags
myself after each
> successful build of packages I own.

Koji will never
interact directly with git.  the plan is to have something watching for
successful builds and to apply a tag to git then. We don't currently have
that piece yet

Dennis