Out of action for a while & mono heads up

Paul Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 08:22:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

Due to a drive falling over dead (it held my /home directory) and then the
computer's RAID software deciding it knew how to fix the problem by
duplicating the /dev/sda drive (where my boot loader and lvm partitions sit)
instead of it asking, I've just about managed to get my computer up and
running again and it's now kind of stable.

I should be back to full steam by the weekend, but please be patient. I've
lost everything on my old drive (including my rpmbuild stuff) and need to
get back up to speed. I do have a partial back up from the laptop which
should help, but it won't have everything plus I need to figure out how to
access a ghost image to get the stuff out (should be able to do it via wine)

Onto something else, mono 2.8 is due out in September so Novell are going to
be releasing a 2.7 release candidate/test candidate series at some point
either late this week or early next. Please remember that the 2.8 branch
will not have any support at all for .NET 1.1. If you are maintaining
anything which relies on the 1.1 framework, please contact either the
upstream people for fixes or be prepared for breakages galore.

TTFN

Paul