Problems with the current rawhide

Paul Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 08:31:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

Following the disaster with my hard drive, the only way to fix was a
complete re-install. I did a clean F13 install, did the updates and then
moved to rawhide - something I normally do.

I've hit several problems though

1. I can't mount anything via the desktop. The DVD/RW is not showing when I
double click the Computer icon, though it is showing if I do ls /dev/sg* -
k3b thinks haldaemon isn't running which would make sense. If I restart
haldaemon though, still nothing. This mounting problem is also there for USB
pens
2. I can't scan. My scanner is on the SCSI port and is not being seen.
Worked fine before the reinstall. Possibly related to the above
3. If I boot with rhgb enabled, gdm doesn't start - I get a light blue
screen with no other displays (I can't just do ctrl f2-f6 for another
display - nothing happens)

I've got selinux set to permissive, but still nada.

Any clues or ideas on how to fix these?

TTFN

Paul

P.S. Last updated the system at midnight (UK time) on Sunday/Monday