Fedora 14 Alpha Can Still Ship on Time IF these bugs get attention TODAY

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Aug 5 16:59:52 UTC 2010

John Poelstra said the following on 08/04/2010 10:48 AM Pacific Time:

> In order for Release Engineering to create the Fedora 14 Alpha RC, all
> of the bugs below must be in a state of CLOSED or ON_QA by
> tomorrow--Bodhi updates have been submitted and the packages are in
> updates-testing.  And, no new blocker bugs are identified before then.
>
> If there are other bugs that are of concern that you believe meet the
> release criteria, add 'f14alpha' as a blocker or ask for help on #fedora-qa.

Going solely by the bugzilla comments which is where the latest
information should be, it is very unclear (I would suggest unlikely)
that we will be able to request a Release Candidate compose for the
Fedora 14 Alpha from Release Engineering today.

I know folks are busy with lots of different things.  Without more
information about what is happening or planned to happen next we don't
have any other options. The result will be late release.

John

Here are the unfixed bugs we are waiting for more information on:

583731  [NEW - high - mail at romal.de - --- -] man-pages-de has file
conflicts with man-db   [See dependency tree for bug 583731]

596985 [NEW - urgent - jglisse at redhat.com - --- - Triaged] hang at start
of X11 on fresh install from DVD [See dependency tree for bug 596985]

597858 [NEW - high - dwalsh at redhat.com - --- -] "SELinux is preventing
firefox from making its memory writable and executable." crashes rawhide
firefox start

512845 [ASSIGNED - high - stransky at redhat.com - --- - Reopened,
Security, SELinux, Triaged] setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing
firefox from changing a writable memory segment executable.

620623 [ASSIGNED - medium - notting at redhat.com - --- -] Packages with
unresolved dependencies [See dependency tree for bug 620623]

620949 [ASSIGNED - medium - rstrode at redhat.com - --- -] [abrt]
gnome-panel-2.31.4-3.fc14: Process /usr/bin/gnome-panel was killed by
signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

621030 [ASSIGNED - medium - wwoods at redhat.com - --- -] Fail to save
traceback to bugzilla