Fedora 14 Alpha Can Still Ship on Time IF these bugs get attention TODAY

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Thu Aug 5 18:55:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 11:46 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Tom "spot" Callaway said the following on 08/05/2010 10:08 AM Pacific Time:
> > On 08/05/2010 12:59 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
> >> 597858 [NEW - high - dwalsh at redhat.com - --- -] "SELinux is preventing
> >> firefox from making its memory writable and executable." crashes rawhide
> >> firefox start
> >
> > The update to fix this one out is here:
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/selinux-policy-3.8.8-10.fc14
> >
> > ~spot
>
> That's excellent information to put in the bug.

Bodhi does this automatically if you add the bug number to the update
when you create it [1]; not sure if it does it when adding a bug to an
already-created update.

In my mind, bodhi ought to moved NEW and ASSIGNED bugs to MODIFIED when
an update is created that references them, to signify that a build is
available for testing, but is not yet known to fix the bug.  However it
doesn't seem to do this.  Is this a policy decision in Fedora's bug
workflow, or merely an RFE I need to file against Bodhi?

Hope this is helpful
Dave

[1] This is very useful for maintaining one's sanity when handling large
numbers of updates