Some questions about on Fedora

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 17:17:47 UTC 2010

Hi, all

I am a MySQL fans. I am concentrated on the development of MySQL. I have two
questions about MySQL on Fedora.

The first one, as we know, mysql-gui-tools has retired since Fedora 13
because of many bugs. MySQL Workbench will take the place of
mysql-gui-tools. Now MySQL Workbench 5.2.26 GA released. Could review
request continue? The last comments said that mysql-workbench should remove
two bulbed libraries. Is it OK? And Remi has packaged mysql-workbench on his
personal repo. I hope this tool will get into Fedora repo soon.

The second one, mysql-cluster has been dropped since 5.1.48 on Fedora. I
think the packager wants to remove the old codes. MySQL Cluster also needs
an independent package . However, mysql-cluster should not disappear in
Fedora repo forever. I know a lot of Fedora user needs it and it does exist
in EPEL repo. Could it go back soon?

Liang Suilong

--
Fedora && Debian User, former Ubuntu User
My Page: http://www.liangsuilong.info