root-doc subpackage slightly obese

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 8 19:09:44 UTC 2010

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> As I said in the bug report, I don't think building docs client side
> is the right way to go at all. In the general case this would require
> end users to install extra tools to build the docs, and defeats the
> purpose of a package managed system such as Fedora.

+1

It also bypasses RPM's file ownership system.

Scriptlets should really ONLY be used when it is IMPOSSIBLE to package the
files in another way. (See also how dropping files into a someconfig.d is
preferred to scriptlets tweaking someconfig.)

Fedora is NOT a source-based distribution. Whatever can be generated on the
build system MUST be generated on the build system, not on the client.

        Kevin Kofler