[HEADS-UP] adding missing systemd links in rawhide/F14 upgrades

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 02:37:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 04:11 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 12.08.10 01:40, Kevin Kofler (kevin.kofler at chello.at) wrote:
>

> > Frank Murphy wrote:
> > > I guess they are waiting to iron out a few bugs on F14
> > > systemd\selinux\udev?  Before they push the same broken updates to
> > > F15(Rawhide)
> >
> > Normally, development is supposed to happen in Rawhide FIRST.
>
> Whats the point again of having to development distributions in
> parallel?

Now F14 is feature frozen, you are not supposed to work on major new
features to include in it. In the past, when we hit feature freeze, if
you wanted to work on some shiny new feature for future releases, you
had to do it in some kind of side repository. Now, even though you can't
do that in F14, you can do it in Rawhide and be nice and early for F15.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey