F14/F13 - system-config-display - should it work? [13 fixed]

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 12 16:11:59 UTC 2010

On 2010/08/12 10:52 (GMT-0400) David Malcolm composed:

> On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 10:11 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Doesn't work in F13 either:
>> # system-config-display
>> File "/usr/share/system-config-display/xconf.py", line 33, in <module>
>> 	import system_config_keyboard.keyboard as keyboard
>> ImportError: No module named system_config_keyboard.keyboard

> This looks like either a missing rpm dependency; (a missing Requires:
> system-config-keyboard), or something needed to manipulate Python's
> sys.path.  Was system-config-keyboard installed?

Installing system-config-keyboard fixed it. The xorg.conf it wrote
inexplicably included 'Section "InputDevice"' for keyboard, without asking
anything about keyboard config, while my keyboard is not a pc105 (OmniKey
102, which predates Win keys by probably 10 years, has function keys where
they belong on the left only).

Why did installing SCK require firstboot?

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/