The slip down memory lane

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 18:38:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

... snip ...

> Since 2006 we've slipped at least 16-18 weeks by my count. That's more
> than half of a full release cycle.

Actually, I don't think that the slips in the releases have _accumulated_ to
be
'half' of a full release cycle' because aren't the target dates always at
the
same spot on the calendar?

When it comes down to it... the very first slip caused a delay, and that
delay may have propagated itself into the future by delaying the start
of each subsequent release.  (But even that isn't true because Rawhide
keeps progressing even during a freeze.)

In the end... we still have two releases a year, its just that each release
takes 7 months to do.

I applaud the Fedora release team for meeting their schedules as closely as
they do!

Fulko