New bodhi release in production

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Aug 12 22:31:58 UTC 2010

Luke Macken wrote:
> - Package update acceptance criteria compliance
>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria
>        - Disable direct-to-stable pushes
>      (https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/434)
>        - Minimum time-in-testing requirements
>            - Every day bodhi will look for updates that have been
>              in testing for N days (fedora: N=7, epel: N=14), and will
>              add a comment notifying the maintainer that the update is
>              now able to be pushed to stable.
>            - When someone tries to push an update to stable, bodhi will
>              look to see if it has the appropriate karma, or if it has
>              been in testing for more than N days.

I think that this is really going to break our workflow!

For example, for the Fedora 14 under development, we now have to wait a full
week to be able to push fixes for broken dependencies! Fixes for broken
dependencies MUST go out to stable ASAP!

This draconian crap must be disabled at least for unreleased branches. It's
really keeping us from doing our work.

A package cannot be any worse than a package that doesn't install at all!

        Kevin Kofler