New bodhi release in production

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Aug 12 22:43:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 00:31:58 +0200
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> I think that this is really going to break our workflow!

I think it's going to help our workflow and provide our users with more
stable updates. Time will tell.

> For example, for the Fedora 14 under development, we now have to wait
> a full week to be able to push fixes for broken dependencies! Fixes
> for broken dependencies MUST go out to stable ASAP!

Well, this has nothing to do with that. We are currently only pushing
to stable those updates that are needed to fix Alpha release blockers
in F14. So, it wouldn't matter here.

Barring that tho, if they are broken now in f14, it should be very easy
to verify that the update fixes the broken deps and is installable no?

> This draconian crap must be disabled at least for unreleased
> branches. It's really keeping us from doing our work.
>
> A package cannot be any worse than a package that doesn't install at
> all!

Sure it can. It can eat data, it can remove other packages. it can
break more important ones, it could be broken in different and more
subtle way, etc.

Note that I am really uninterested in "argument by repetition", so I
don't intend to post further to this thread unless there is something
new to remark on. I would urge others to not get in a cycle of back and
forth with all the same arguments repeated over and over. Post if you
have something new to offer and please try and keep things positive. We
all want a better Fedora.

kevin