New bodhi release in production

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 23:23:00 UTC 2010

On 08/12/2010 07:12 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Luke Macken wrote:
>>        - Minimum time-in-testing requirements
>>            - Every day bodhi will look for updates that have been
>>              in testing for N days (fedora: N=7, epel: N=14), and will
>>              add a comment notifying the maintainer that the update is
>>              now able to be pushed to stable.
>
> Suppose I submit a package to testing and it gets pushed. Six days
> later, I find a terrible bug in the package (or a user reports this to
> me). I fix the package and edit the update, request the fixed  package
> to be pushed to testing again and it gets pushed the next day.
>
> Now without any further testing the package can be pushed to stable,
> which contradicts the purpose of this whole change in bodhi.
>
> I think, for packages that are modified during the testing period,
> this N should be calculated from the day the last push was made to
> testing.

Yes, this was my initial intention.  However, looking at the code a bit
closer, your scenario would currently be allowed, as it currently only
calculates the time-in-testing based on the first push to testing.
Fixed in
https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/changeset/97b1a9d1f9ceecaaa2128837cc5bbd7f8e495f36

luke