New bodhi release in production

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 23:25:14 UTC 2010

On 08/12/2010 07:15 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> Now without any further testing the package can be pushed to stable,
>> which contradicts the purpose of this whole change in bodhi.
>
> Sssh, why can't you keep quiet about this?!
>
>> I think, for packages that are modified during the testing period,
>> this N should be calculated from the day the last push was made to
>> testing.
>
> NO! I really don't want any small fix to my update to restart the whole
> testing cycle from scratch! Imagine I want to edit something in the update
> notes, e.g. add a Bugzilla reference, I have to edit the update for that,
> but does this warrant new testing? No!

Ok, so the problem here is that bodhi unpushes updates when you edit
*anything* in it.  If it only unpushed an updated when you add/remove
builds from it, then this scenario would be sane.

I'm going to tackle this issue next, to ensure that you can add
bugs/notes to a testing update without having it reset the time-in-testing.

luke