New bodhi release in production

List Troll mrlisttroll at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 00:19:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Luke Macken wrote:
>> Ok, so the problem here is that bodhi unpushes updates when you edit
>> *anything* in it.  If it only unpushed an updated when you add/remove
>> builds from it, then this scenario would be sane.
>
> There's still the "We've been testing a new KDE release for 2-3 weeks, now
> we need to edit in a one-line regression fix to one package of the huge
> group before pushing this to stable." scenario. This has been the case quite
> often. With your "fix", we'd have the choice between pushing the update with
> a known regression (yuck!!!) or waiting another full week (also quite a bad
> option).

If you have been *testing* it for 2-3 weeks surely you have no problem
to find two
testers to confirm the small fix?

I know you never run kde from updates-testing yourself, so I understand why you
think nobody would want to test it. But the reality is that even if
you don't want to
test your work yourself, there are people who can verify the fix so
that the update
can go out sooner if need be.

   M.T.