New bodhi release in production

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 13 00:50:49 UTC 2010

I wrote:
> This argument has been brought up all the time. The thing is, it takes
> time to find people to +1 updates. It takes even longer if the people
> actually test the updates before +1ing them (as they're expected to). This
> excessive and useless QA adds delays over delays.

But FWIW, when it comes to KDE in particular, the whole thing is moot or
soon to be moot anyway because parts of KDE are now being redefined as
"critical path", resulting in even more annoying update policies, even
though there was clear consensus in KDE SIG that such policies are neither
necessary for nor of any benefit to KDE. FESCo just asked us to come up with
a list of critical KDE packages and shut up. So we did. (My proposal to
submit an empty list was voted down in KDE SIG on the grounds of being
against the spirit of what FESCo asked of us, even though it did get some
support due to our objections to the critical path process as a whole.) We
(KDE SIG) have been more or less forced to participate in a process most of
us (and me in particular) do not agree with and consider outright harmful.

        Kevin Kofler