[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha RC3 Available Now!

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Aug 13 15:52:11 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> but it's far from easy for somebody who's
> not already an experienced upstream kernel developer to manage that, LKML is
> a tough place: there's politics making it hard for new contributors to get
> their stuff in, there are many rules (technical, cosmetic (i.e. code
> formatting rules), and social) you have to learn over the time,

I've heard this before, but I didn't find it to be that much different
than any other project where I've contributed changes.  I think the
biggest annoyance was that, because the kernel project is so big and
hierarchical, you don't always get a lot of feedback (even when one of
the maintainers picks up your patch in their tree to go upstream).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>