New bodhi release in production

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 13 16:12:47 UTC 2010

> Al Dunsmuir wrote:
> > You are assuming that it is somehow a good idea to push release Fn, in
> > spite of no (or negative) testing.
>
> Yes I am! If I build the EXACT SAME specfile for all F*, then I don't see
> why testing on ANY F* isn't sufficient. Please don't bring the same old
> argument that "sometimes" breakage happens only on some releases even with
> the same specfile: in practice this is so rare that it doesn't matter at
> all, it's much more likely that regressions slip through despite the
> testing.

Last week I pushed a yum update to f12, f13 and f14 - same pkg, same
patches, same config.

On f12, however, the version of sqlite that f12 had handles an error
condition differently than on f13 and f14. It meant that instead of
raise an exception and letting us move along that it raised an exception
and then exited.

So - the pkg checked out on f13 and f14 just fine but not on f12.

I had to issue a new update for all of them to keep them in sync.

That's a real world case that happens all the time.

-sv