[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha RC3 Available Now!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 13 16:20:29 UTC 2010

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I really think the benefits and costs need to be looked at on a case by
> case basis and the package maintainers should be the ones making the call.

The problem is, the kernel maintainers (and you, apparently) don't seem to
realize what big difference a 10% improvement in compression rate makes to
our live images! For KDE, we have to fight for every single MB, often making
tough decisions (e.g. size constraints are why we no longer ship Amarok on
the live image). Better compression would allow us quite some headroom to
work with.

        Kevin Kofler