"Staying close to upstream"

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:41:12 UTC 2010

 On 08/13/2010 09:17 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> No.  No SIG's have any authority whatsoever over individual package
>> maintainers outside the packages the team maintains.  No one needs to
>> "comply" with your requirements.
> That's exactly Fedora's organizational problem.
>
> KDE SIG should have authority over anything KDE-related.

You are calling a lot of things including the kernel and Firefox KDE
related even though KDE Spin does not even include Firefox by default.
In other words, you want a organization policy that lets you dictate to
other maintainers what patches they should merge even if the packages
are only tangentially related such as Firefox.  This is ultimately a
power grab and not healthy and will never be acceptable.  Besides,  you
repeatedly refer to the "KDE SIG" but KDE SIG has made no formal request
to the Firefox maintainers.    I can't accept that you represent all of
KDE SIG's viewpoint in this matter.  This appears just your person view
points.

Rahul