"Staying close to upstream"

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Aug 13 18:02:36 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > The current approach of trying to force maintainers to accept patches
> > simply does not work.
>
> The only reason it doesn't work is that our organizational structure is not
> built to make this work.

But why should it be made to work?  Why should the KDE SIG be able to
force the kernel maintainers to take a patch?  What if that patch
conflicts with one another SIG wants - who "wins" (if you can call it
winning)?

SIGs should stick to their area of expertise.  The KDE SIG should work
on KDE packages and not assume they know what's best for the rest of the
distribution.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>