New bodhi release in production

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 19:53:57 UTC 2010

> Martin Sourada wrote:
> > I wonder why I get the impression that the only ones who strongly oppose
> > this change are you folks from KDE SIG... Are you doing things
> > differently from anyone else in fedora - the rest of us are either more
> > or less neutral or positive towards this new change?
>
> If we really are the only ones true to Fedora's original principles, who
> don't want us to become yet another redundant conservative distribution
> (like all those bazillion others out there), that's really sad. :-(

Oh, yeah, to that fedora where every third upgrade broke half of desktop
and another had broken deps... (sarcastic exaggeration intended).

There are also bazillion distributions out there who are on the bleeding
edge. Being conservative with our stable releases while innovative in
rawhide is what fedora should strive to be (with the usually friendly
atmosphere among the contributors and "upstream, upstream, upstream").

> Kevin Kofler
>         (who wants the Fedora he learned to love back!)

	Martin Sourada
(who wants *stable* releases of Fedora to be stable and not
another rawhide)