Upcoming Fedora 14 Linux Release

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Aug 16 03:43:36 UTC 2010

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) of Singapore wrote:
> I will stick to Fedora 11 at the moment until Fedora 16 or later.

Uh, Fedora 11 is not supported anymore and it also never had a Xen Dom0
kernel, pvops or otherwise. The last Fedora release to ship a Xen Dom0
kernel was Fedora 8, and that was from the old Xen codebase which was
rejected upstream. The Fedora kernel team stopped shipping the classic Xen
at that point because they didn't want to spend their time porting non-
upstream patchsets to the current upstream kernel (and in fact F8's kernel-
xen lagged significantly behind the main kernel). Xen pvops DomU support was
ready for F9, but Dom0 support is taking its time to get upstreamed (and the
Fedora kernel team does not want to use non-upstream patchsets for the same
reasons they stopped shipping classic Xen). So I'd suggest to use a
currently supported Fedora release (12 or 13) with the unofficial Dom0
kernel RPMs out there (built for F12, I don't know if they work on F13).

        Kevin Kofler