is swf open format

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Aug 17 12:16:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 02:32:28AM -0400, Naveen Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>    Can we use .swf files to develop open source applications? Some of the links, that maybe useful here:

The support for flash in free software exists, but is still not at the level
of proprietarysupport.  There are many projects related with flash that
exist and are not packaged in Fedora (well, weren't, some time ago, I
don't know where it stands now). The site for open source and and flash
is here:
http://osflash.org/
and the projects list is here:
http://osflash.org/projects

I still haven't understood what formats are similar with swf, and better
supported by open source, maybe svg + WebM?

You may also have a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash

--
Pat