Get rid of file requires outside of the primary paths

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Aug 18 13:56:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 13:26 +0200, Ralf Corsépius wrote:
> On 08/18/2010 01:21 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 01:10:29PM +0200, Adam Tkac wrote:
> >> Fedora Engineering Services
> >> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering_Services) received
> >> request to get rid of file requires outside of the primary paths
> >> (https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/ticket/31).
> > I have no intention of changing this.
> Neither will I. These deps in my pacakges are there for good reasons:

Adam,

w/o having checked with the packages themselves I think most if not all
packagers on your list are not introducing file dependencies due to lack
of knowledge about packaging. And if this dozen packages are all that
need file dependencies in all of Fedora, then we are already below the
percent mark, or not?
--
http://ATrpms.net/