yum appmarket

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 19 20:57:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 22:55 +0200, drago01 wrote:

> Thanks for working on this, the concept of "packages" should be an
> implementation detail that much (desktop) users shouldn't have to care
> about.
>
> This is definitely a step in the right direction. PK should follow
> that and only display apps by default in the GUI.

I was just noodling around in the pkgtags db that I just posted about
and noticed that the a lot of pkgs have the 'Application' tag applied to
them. I could modify the appmarket plugin to use this information if it
is available.

Coupling that data with tags like 'XFCE' it would be trivial to list
just xfce applications, for example.

-sv