yum appmarket

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 19 22:03:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 23:46 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le jeudi 19 août 2010 à 22:55 +0200, drago01 a écrit :
>
> > This is definitely a step in the right direction. PK should follow
> > that and only display apps by default in the GUI.
>
> This is a very naïve position. For example, even in a pure gui system,
> people want to select fonts (with previews), and fonts are not apps by
> any definition.

1. I don't see any reason why we cannot mark fonts and provide a search
specifically for them.
2. he said it was 'a step' in the right direction which it is.

3. you want a preview of the fonts - then we need that data somewhere -
is it in each font pkg?

> ”It has a .desktop file” barely scratches user needs.

agreed - which is why we're going further.

-sv