yum appmarket

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 00:25:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> That would likely be a bad idea. Mandriva did something similar a few
> years back, before I left, and it was pretty unpopular and often
> confusing for users. I lost count of the number of times I explained how
> to change the default filter back to 'all packages'...

Perhaps...there's a reason to have two complete different UIs instead
of having a UI be configured for either/or. Give me the equivalent of
a Newark Electronics snailmail parts catalogue as a
developer/contributor. And give end-users something that makes sense
for them to find applications...and make them very obviously different
things.

-jef