Fedora Notifications System.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Aug 23 00:41:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:46:43 +0400
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad <abduljawad.mahmoud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,,
>
> before two weeks, a discussion started in ambassadors mailing-list
> about a work around to deliver the important notifications to the
> fedora desktop (whatever the desktop is).
> after some discussion, we started with some guide lines & putted them
> on the wiki:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_notifications_system
>
> Continuing, I created an early prototype i want people to check &
> gives feedbacks about it.
> you can reach it through gitweb:
> http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=megenius/public_git/fns.git;a=summary
> or, you can grab your own clone from the git repo:
> git://fedorapeople.org/megenius/fns.git
>
> keep in mind that last_check file should be writeable by the world, &
> you should change its value to an earlier date, so you can see some
> notifications.

It doesn't seem to output anything here:

kevin at ohm ~/git/fns (git)-[master] % python fns.py
[]

Might include a README file as to what it needed and what output you
expect?

I'm not sure a notification applet by itself is going to be the best
answer here... as people may be busy or not see the notice and a few
seconds later it goes away and they miss it.

Perhaps something that puts itself in the system tray and lets them
click on it at their leisure?

kevin