Fedora Notifications System.

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Aug 23 06:19:13 UTC 2010

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I'm not sure a notification applet by itself is going to be the best
> answer here... as people may be busy or not see the notice and a few
> seconds later it goes away and they miss it.

That's why the notification should not time out unless/until the user clicks
it away!

In KDE, the old-style notifications just stay on the screen until clicked
away, the new-style Plasma notifications (which are the default) retract
(after some timeout) to an (i) button in the systray, which will only move
to the hidden part of the systray if the notifications in it are clicked
away by the user.

> Perhaps something that puts itself in the system tray and lets them
> click on it at their leisure?

Well, see above, the notification system should do that. :-p

        Kevin Kofler