systemd and filesystems with noauto

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Aug 23 15:30:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 05:19:59PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> So, to turn this around. Do you think this behaviour is problematic? Can
> you make a good case for dropping this automatism? If so I'd be willing
> to do so.

I guess sshfs fuse entries might be problematic, because they can require user
input for the password. Also I guess it will interfer with the "user" option,
because how should systemd be able to know which user should be allowed to
umount the filesystem again? And in general I think that the "noauto" option
should not just be ignored, e.g. in case a filesystem is umounted for safety
reasons to not easily modify it accidently.

Regards
Till