drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Aug 23 19:37:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 03:15:11PM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> What's the benefit of having no default MTA at all? Is it that Desktop
> users don't care about MTAs being installed? what about those of us who
> care more about server installations than Desktop?

Given the degree to which sysadmins are religious about MTA choice, I'd
suspect that a large proportion of people who run an MTA on Fedora are
probably already swapping it out with their own preference. I don't
think it's realistic to expect us to provide a product that requires no
further configuration for server admins, so adding "Install an MTA" to
the list of things they have to do is entirely reasonable.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org