drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 20:47:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 04:15:12PM -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> It would be good to define such a nonstandard abbreviation as  "MTA"
>> when posting a new thread so that more people would know what is being
>> discussed.
>
> It's actually a long-standing and well-recognized term.
>
> I think it's one of those cases where if you don't know what it means, you
> probably don't care.
>
> I mean, if you're outside of Massachusetts, why are you interested in the
> Teachers' Association?

Okay, Google didn't help much but our wiki did! I found this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NoMTA

which tells me that MTA is mail transport agent. I have been using
postfix and sendmail for many many years, and until today I didn't
know that they were called MTA.

It shouldn't be too hard to give a little definition (3 words) or just
copy and paste a link. We have new contributors every day and they
didn't participate in previous discussions. There is no need to
isolate them. Plus, people like me are bad with memorizing letters, or
giving them meanings unless they form proper words. Gosh, ask me what
MTA is in 2 months, and you will be surprised. :)

References are good. Always.

Orcan