systemd and changes

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 22:14:04 UTC 2010

It seems to me that it is mostly sysadmins that are concerned about
systemd. That is understandable, they are the group of users that will
be most affected by the new paradigm, and will have to learn new
tricks.

Yet sysadmins are just a section of the Fedora users. For example,
people that like me that use Fedora at home will hardly notice a
difference - provided bugs are fixed, which they seem to be. And those
like me are not making their voice heard.

Sysadmins have the option of waiting three months after the release
before upgrading, to give time for the dust to settle, or even
skipping F14 altogether, or using upstart by changing the grub menu.

So I say, let's give Lennart a break - he has been working hard on
this - and be optimist!