Python 3.2a1 in rawhide

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Aug 24 14:10:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:

> A suggested fix (caveat: not tested): ensure that the python-lxml.spec
> has a
>  BuildRequires: Cython >= 0.12
> and delete the .c file in the %prep, to ensure that Cython regenerates
> it during the build.
>
> Does this fix it?

That worked, or at least it let me build.  Cython isn't available for
python3 apparently so you can't let the python3 build stage generate
the .c files, you need to generate them during the python2 build stage
and copy them over to the python3 build dir.

One other issue I discovered was that I needed to suppress byte
compiling during the install stage because it seemed that the python3
installer somehow was doing python2-style byte compilation. (Or maybe
I'm just misunderstanding things)

--
Jeff Ollie