drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 14:36:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 10:19 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> My previous objection was based on the precedent it sets. I don't want a
> "Desktop" distribution in Fedora. I want a server-usable distribution.
> Sure, it's just a dep and one can go install an MTA. But today it's
> killing the MTA, tomorrow it's removing something else that's useful on
> the server side of things. I want to see that trend stop and reverse.

How about you become involved in the 'Server' SIG [1] then, and help
them produce a spin or install image that is suitable for your idea of a
server, instead of shooting down changes on this mailing list. Blocking
change is not going to make Fedora a better server...

Matthias

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Server