drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Aug 24 14:53:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 03:43:36PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> There's certainly a set of people who want an MTA for this - in a server
> environment it's obviously far more straightforward to get mailed on
> failure, and that's something that you'll probably configure when

This isn't server-only -- it's also the case in an enterprise desktop
environment.

I don't think that's a real problem, because if those places aren't
installing via kickstart already, they've got other issues. But I just
wanted to point out that this isn't a pure server-vs-the-desktop issue.

> The long term fix would arguably be to provide a stub /usr/sbin/sendmail
> that ties into a more generic event reporting interface, which in turn
> could be configured to send mail elsewhere but would default to popping
> up some sort of desktop notification.

+1. C'mon, prolific desktop code guys. :)

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>