drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Aug 24 15:10:19 UTC 2010

Andrew Haley wrote:
> I think there's a much more fundamental question here, which is
> whether a default Fedora installation is intended to be a real
> UNIX-like system or just the dependencies for GNOME.

I was going to reply to Chris, but I'll reply here.

What benefit do I, or anyone else, receive by shipping a 100% Unix-clone
environment >by default<? With PCs evolving every 5-10 years, will
Unix-like be necessary for much longer? Are we making a Fedora for
people to use or for researchers to study?