systemd and changes

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Aug 24 18:46:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:56:43PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > Again, Pulse/PolypAudio seems to suggest that this is not the case. Why
> > didn't expert eyes who knew what they were doing migrate to that before
> > it become default? Or, alternatively, if the expert eyes which knew what
> > they were doing did migrate, why didn't they catch the bugs that others
> > encountered when it became default?
> >

> If us experts aren't even willing to opt-in in modest enough numbers to
> test it, why on earth would we force it on people at all?

If something is targeted at non-expert users, then it is understandable
that experts do not want to test it. Or it might not even possible,
because the workflow is completely different, e.g. in F12 pulseaudio
still interfers with jack afaik, which probably mostly hits intermediate
users that just want audio to work easily with all all applications by
default.

Regards
Till