Python 3.2a1 in rawhide

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Aug 24 19:01:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 09:10 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> One other issue I discovered was that I needed to suppress byte
>> compiling during the install stage because it seemed that the python3
>> installer somehow was doing python2-style byte compilation. (Or maybe
>> I'm just misunderstanding things)
>
> That sounds weird.  Do you have a build log?

If you look at the python3 subpackage you'll see that for foo.py there is
a foo.pyc as well as __pycache__/foo.pyc and __pycache__/foo.pyo

The "fixed" build is here:

Which I obtained by adding "--no-compile" to the %install section.
rpmbuild does it's own byte compilation anyway so nothing is gained by
doing the compilation in both places.

--
Jeff Ollie