Bodhi updates

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Aug 24 19:54:17 UTC 2010

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Bodhi updates can have multiple packages associated with a single update
> as long as they are on different branches. Why this restriction?
>
> At least in the case of something like a security update, I would think
> that it would be beneficial to be able to push the update to all
> branches simultaneously.

This is something I have been complaining about for a long time, especially
since this now means the same update has different karma requirements on
different branches, making it a PITA to push it in sync. (This wasn't that
bad an issue when at least I as a maintainer had full control over when to
push my update! But ever since the first proposal which ended up as the
current policy was floated, I've been complaining about this particular
issue.) It was intentionally refused to be considered. :-(

        Kevin Kofler