systemd and changes

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Aug 24 21:13:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 01:15:54PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Because generally whats on the mainboard (or in the laptop) works.  If
> it didn't work, the first reaction isn't "Oh I need to go buy a better
> one" it's "why the heck can't linux work with this, is linux still a
> piece of crap?".  Replacing the soundcard in a laptop is even more tricky.

People thinking that "linux is still a piece of crap" are usually not
that active in the FOSS development. And the first lesson I learned when
I started using linux was to buy hardware after checking that it is
compatible with linux. And this is usually followed by everyone I know
personally who is using linux. Do you really buy new hardware without
checking its compatibility with linux first?

And do you use your soundcard in a way that you benefit from the
Pulseaudio features?

Regards
Till