Bodhi updates

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Aug 24 23:06:41 UTC 2010

Till Maas wrote:
> IMHO it is more a PITA if I had to push all updates in sync. If you want
> to push all updates in sync, you just have to wait till all updates
> match their stable criteria.

Not under my proposal, which would add together the karma values of all the
updates in the set (which is the reason why I want to group them together in
the first place).

> And if you do not want this, you can push the updates individually

Such a grouping feature would not prevent you from doing that. It would
still be the maintainer's call to group updates which are "the same", e.g.
if you apply the same one-line crash fix to the already existing stable
0.1.2-7.fc12, 1.2.3-2.fc13 and 1.2.3-4.fc14 builds, then the resulting
0.1.2-8.fc12, 1.2.3-2.fc13.1 and 1.2.3-5.fc14 builds are "the same" for
update purposes, and there's no way Bodhi would be able to figure this out
automatically. So you'd just not group them if you don't like the feature or
if you think your changes on the different branches are not testable as a
unit.

> and the people testing a particular Fedora release are not punished by
> other people using another Fedora release and not testing the update
> there.

Except that, with that logic, half of the time, you'll break upgrade paths!

        Kevin Kofler