systemd and changes

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Aug 24 23:29:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, 25.08.10 01:16, Kevin Kofler (kevin.kofler at chello.at) wrote:

> I don't see that behavior as being broken, since runlevels 2, 3 and 4 are
> the same thing (in the default configuration, and when they're not, this
> behavior will not appear), so it should not matter which you use. If scripts
> assume that only runlevels 3 and 5 exist, those scripts are already broken
> (just boot with a 4 in your kernel arguments, using upstart or even the old
> SysVInit, and watch it break).

Note that I have now changed git upstream to preferably return 3 or 5 if
multiple different answers would make sense. This should avoid most
problems with scripts doing "if [ `runlevel` = 3 ] ; then", even if
that's a kinda broken thing to do. Since runlevels 3 and 5 are the ones
anaconda writes this should be the safest bet.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.