systemd or why will user fall away from fedora?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:44:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:46:41 +0200, Farkas wrote:

> and we all know what happened with pulseaudio. everybody turn it off and
> remove it from the system in at least 3 fedora release, just because
> some of their apps are not working.

Which is a pain, admittedly, if those users are the developers of an audio
application even and don't make a good experience with Pulse Audio.
[The Audacious devs at some point suddenly had dropped the PA plugin in
favour of their completely rewritten ALSA output plugin, and only patches
for making it work with changes in PA could convince them to revive it.]

In Fedora currently something worse happens. And that is, Pulse Audio
development in Fedora 14 is non-existant, unfortunately,

  $ rpm -q pulseaudio
  pulseaudio-0.9.21-6.fc13.x86_64

because of systemd receiving the focus for several months, apparently.